Your gift supports the pursuit of new knowledge about the origin of our Solar System through the study of meteorites (and by analogy, extrasolar systems as well) so that we may understand the pathway to forming habitable worlds. The Center is dedicated to sharing this knowledge with students, educators and the general public by providing educational opportunities that expand awareness and understanding of the science of meteoritics and the origin of our planetary system. In support of its research and educational activities, the Center pursues cutting-edge conservation approaches for its existing meteorite collection, while also seeking new, significant meteorite samples. In so doing, samples from the collection may be made accessible to the public and scientific community.
You can help ensure the continued success of The Center for Meteorite Studies, home to the world’s largest university-based meteorite collection. We offer several ways to help the Center fulfill its mission. Please consider making a contribution today.
Choose the investment level that best meets your personal giving interests by selecting the “JOIN” button below:
[maxbutton id=”5″] Patron Level $1000 ($60 FMV)
Includes a guided tour of our gallery and meteorite vault, plus lunch with a CMS scientist, for you and a guest. You will also regularly receive our online newsletter, and invitations to periodic special events hosted by the Center.
[maxbutton id=”5″] Benefactor Level $500 ($0 FMV)
Includes a guided tour of our gallery and meteorite vault for you and a guest. You will also regularly receive our online newsletter, and invitations to periodic special events hosted by the Center.
[maxbutton id=”5″] Sponsor Level $250 ($0 FMV)
Includes a guided tour of our gallery for you and a guest. You will also regularly receive our online newsletter, and invitations to periodic special events hosted by the Center.
[maxbutton id=”5″] Contributor Level $100 ($0 FMV)
You will regularly receive our online newsletter, and invitations to periodic special events hosted by the Center.
Patrons, Benefactors, and Sponsors, please call ahead to schedule your tour (480) 965-6511
To become a member by mail, please use this form: Gift Program Form PDF
Give Now – Select an amount that meets your budget. Be sure to check MATCHING FUNDS, if applicable, when registering to increase the overall donation amount.
OTHER GIVING OPPORTUNITIES
Through generous unrestricted or targeted giving opportunities at the Center for Meteorite Studies, major donors are partners in our mission to provide educational opportunities that expand awareness and understanding of the science of meteoritics and the origin of our planetary system and expand awareness of science and the scientific method.
•Endowed Scholarships and Fellowships
•Capital Projects and Naming Opportunities
Remembering ASU’s Center for Meteorite Studies in your will allows you to create a legacy that lives on long after you are gone…and directly helps fund scientific literacy through curricular initiatives, focused intellectual workshops, and public events and discussions. It is also an excellent choice if you want to support the Center for Meteorite Studies in the future, but wish to maintain liquidity and use of your assets during your lifetime.
Deferred gifts enable you to make a commitment now while deferring the benefit to the Center for Meteorite Studies to sometime in the future. A planned or deferred gift can help achieve your philanthropic and financial goals and may reduce or eliminate capital gains, income, and estate taxes. We encourage you to consult your financial advisor before entering into any of these relatively complex gift agreements.
- Pledges — A pledge is a formal statement of your intention to make regular gift payments over a specified period of time – typically three to five years. Each annual payment on your pledge may be eligible for an income-tax charitable deduction for that year.
- Bequests — Bequests are a very common way to invest in ASU’s Center for Meteorite Studies. You can support the Center with a bequest simply by having your attorney insert a few words in your will or revocable trust document. (Note: It is important that you and/or your advisor speak with our staff to make certain that the wording accurately expresses your charitable intentions.)
- Charitable lead trusts — These gift arrangements can be used to transfer assets with a significantly reduced tax liability. A lead trust provides immediate income to ASU’s Center for Meteorite Studies for a specified period, after which the remainder value is distributed to you or to your heirs.
- Life-income gifts — There are also a variety of life-income gifts that can provide you and/or your loved ones with an income for life or a specific number of years. Life-income gift plans include charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities and deferred payment charitable gift annuities. They may entitle you to both an income tax charitable deduction and a reduction or elimination of capital gains tax.
- Retirement and life insurance plans — Making the ASU Foundation for the benefit of ASU’s Center for Meteorite Studies a primary or contingent beneficiary of a retirement plan may increase your philanthropic impact because income and estate taxes are not imposed when plan assets are distributed to ASU. Also, you can name the ASU Foundation a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or of a bank instrument, such as a pay-on-death certificate of deposit.
*All funds will be deposited with the ASU Foundation for A New American University, a separate nonprofit organization that exists to support Arizona State University (ASU). Gifts in support of ASU are subject to foundation policies and fees. Due to the benefits provided for memberships, only payments in excess of fair market value may be considered a charitable contribution. An outright gift may be considered a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of charitable contributions.